Buffalo offers a fresh, inviting and linger-worthy interior, superb steaks and gourmet burgers.
It’s been over a year since the iconic Buffalo Grill changed hands, and since then Buffalo has more than made its own mark on the heart of Edinburgh’s student belt. It’s a beautifully appointed space with cosy furnishings and a selection of intimate booths. Friendly staff are eager to patiently dissect the substantial menu. A generous selection of starters include corn on the cob, chicken wings and hot smoked salmon, although the highlight has to be superb king prawns in a light tempura batter, served with sweet chilli dip. The burger and steak selection is impressive with a startling assortment of burger types and toppings and a range of 21-day aged steaks. The rump in teriyaki marinade is a sweet treat garnished with salad, fries and creamy coleslaw, and the ribeye is tender and well-seasoned, ideally accompanied by the house French sauce, rich and sweet with Marsala wine. A number of chicken and fish dishes round off the menu and while the restaurant is fully licensed with a number of guest ales, you can also bring your own wine.
- High point: Supreme selection of burgers and steaks
- Low point: Window seats can be a wee bit chilly
- Notable dish: Rump steak in teriyaki marinade.
- Delivery: Deliveroo planned
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Jazz
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: Sun–Thu 20; Fri/Sat 10
- Open since: 2015
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £17 per bottle
- BYOB: £3 corkage (Wine only)