Art-deco style and generous portions of Italian–American food for all the family in Di Maggio’s flagship city centre branch.
This spacious restaurant is ideally placed for tourists and city workers alike and presents the Di Maggio formula in a sophisticated art deco style setting with mainly booth seating suitable for couples and family groups. Lunchtime and early evening deals are good value as is the all day menu. The menus cover all the Italian comfort options with crusty, salty pizzas, nicely al dente pasta and over the top ice cream desserts. Efforts are made to please junior customers with a colourful kids menu, Thursday evening also brings a magician on the scene providing live entertainment for a different demographic. Food is freshly and individually prepared reflected in the genuinely home made minestrone featuring nicely crunchy vegetables, mini pasta and a tasty stock with as much parmesan on the side as you want. More substantial a la carte mains include Mediterranean Salmon a substantial, firm yet succulent salmon steak with a crunchy basil and parmesan crust atop a bed of freshly prepared vegetables and tomatoes accompanied by crunchy Tuscan style roast potatoes.
- Private dining: Up to 50 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: contemporary pop
- Live entertainment: occasional table magician normally on Thursday evening Mixed p
- Capacity: 380 (120 outdoors)
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 1995
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle