This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 334 8560
- Food served Sun–Thu noon–10.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–11.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Fri 4–6.30pm
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12.50
- Website www.dimaggios.co.uk/west_end
Tapping into the bohemian vibe of Ruthven Lane, Di Maggio's offers a relaxed haven of Italian-American cuisine just off the bustle of Byres Road.
At a time when families are eating out more than ever it is heartening to find a restaurant that genuinely knows how to feed and accommodate its younger customers while at the same time pleasing the rest of the family. The children’s menu is appealingly laid out with child-sized portions at parent friendly prices. The mini Margarita pizzas come with just the right amount of topping and ice cream comes in a highly decorated cone. The main menu offers a full range of Italian staples plus some tasty American treats such as Joe’s BBQ ribs which are succulent, sweet and salty and served with generous portions of fries and coleslaw. Good use is also made of Scotland’s fresh resources with large bowls of Shetland mussels served with either tomato or white wine sauce accompanied by fries or garlic bread. The pasta section of the menu offers all the comforting favourites; of particular note is the Rigatoni Rustica with its rich tomato sauce, sweet red peppers, red onions lots of crumbled spicy sausage and a real chilli kick
- Delivery: £2 within 1 mile radius; £2.50 if further.
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: on-line stream line contemporary pop
- Capacity: 135
- Largest group: 80
- Open since: 1983
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle