- Telephone 0141 229 1191
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30pm–midnight; Sun 5.30pm–midnight
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu 5.30–7pm
- Average price £9.90 (set lunch)
- Pre-theatre price £13.90
- Website www.thaisiamglasgow.com
One of Glasgow’s long-established Thai restaurants situated in Finnieston, the newly refurbished Thai Siam offers authentic tastes and flavours created from a range of carefully sourced local produce.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Following a long-awaited internal and external refurbishment, Thai Siam – a resident in Finnieston for over a decade – can now truly lay claim to being one of the best of glasgow’s traditional Thai restaurants. Care is taken with the purchasing of fresh local produce and the resultant authentically spiced Thai dishes are real crowd-pleasers. It is worth noting the unique range of spicy salads – a good choice to start rather than the more familiar wok-fried appetisers as the freshness of the salad cleanses the palate, allowing for the savouring of one of the substantial and reasonably priced mains. Duck in various guises is a speciality here and comes with pancakes, sizzling, stir-fried or as gang phed nor-mai with coconut milk, red curry paste, lime leaves, bamboo shoots, sweet peppers and sweet basil. The wine list is small but remarkably good value especially the house white which has just the right balance of fruitiness and acidity to work well with richly spiced Thai food.
- High point: Reliable place for authentic Thai flavours
- Low point: Desserts rather disappointing
- Notable dish: Thai-style salad
- Delivery: From £2-5 depending on postcode
- Provides: Halal options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Thai popular and Thai country music
- Capacity: 45
- Largest group: 45
- Open since: 2003
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 2
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle