- Telephone 0131 226 1900
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–midnight
- Seasonal times Open all day during Edinburgh Festival. You cannot book during the Edinburgh Festival.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–3pm, 5–10pm; Fri–Sun noon–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5–7pm; Fri–Sat 5–6.30pm.
- Pre-theatre price £15
- Website www.maisonbleuerestaurant.com
Well-established French colonial cooking in charming historic premises.
A striking blue, three-storey building on Victoria Street, one of Edinburgh’s best-known thoroughfares, Maison Bleue sits firmly and squarely at the heart of the city’s tourist trail. Its higgledy-piggledy premises make the most of historic features such as bare stone arches and spiral staircases, which are warmly lit and give the place a notable charm and character. Now in its 20th year at this location, it’s a stalwart of the Edinburgh restaurant scene, with its own settled style of French colonial cooking. North African influences add spice to French classics, there are dishes referencing Vietnamese cuisine and there’s a considerable nod to the Auld Alliance with Scottish ingredients to the fore. A range of lunch, early dinner, à la carte and banquet menus feature a panoply of eating options, some of which have been served here from day one. The result is an eclectic menu spanning the likes of confit duck, coconut chicken, game terrine, lamb tagine and garlic snails, plus seafood gumbo, Saigon beef, Scottish salmon, mushroom millefeuille, merguez sausages and more. One thing's for sure, there’s most likely something here to please everyone.
Set in Edinburgh's historic Old Town, Maison Bleue specialises in French and international cuisine from all over the globe, prepared using traditional home cooking methods. The restaurant is both convivial and intimate, and is split into 4 separate rooms, each with their own unique character.
Winning praise from both Hardens and Trip Advisor, Maison Bleue is an unmistakable landmark in Edinburgh's Old Town, with its striking blue frontage and charming flower boxes.
Text supplied by third party.
- Private dining: 30/15
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Loungy and jazzy
- Capacity: 70
- Largest group: 65
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 14
- House wine: £18.95 per bottle