- Telephone 0141 248 4942
- Bar open Sun–Wed 11am–midnight; Thu-Sat 11am–1am
- Food served Mon–Wed 7.45am–10pm; Thu–Fri 7.45am–midnight; Sat 9am–midnight; Sun 9am–10pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 5–7pm
- Pre-theatre price £14.95
- Website www.babygrandglasgow.com
Late night piano bar and kitchen next to Charing Cross station with live music every night.
It’s a fairly unassuming place for a piano bar, what with the adult entertainment and train station in touching distance. Inside, though, is a pleasant if thin bar area and raised restaurant. It’s an evening haunt that brings a touch of the speakeasy, jazz bar atmosphere to colder climes, with a pianist playing on the – you guessed it – baby grand every night. The bar’s got a bit of a Cheers feel to it, with friendly staff and punters alike. There’s a market menu, and an à la carte with sandwiches, a grill for meat and fish, a few bistro dishes and a concert menu, too, with the King's Theatre on the doorstep. Try a salmon roulade with sourdough, or a leek and fennel risotto with a panko poached egg and roasted tomatoes. For dessert, there’s a chocolate and Frangelico marquis with yoghurt sorbet that tastes like an Aero (in the best possible way). There’s a good choice of beers, bottle and tap, as well as bellinis, cocktails and a selection of gins.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Jazz and piano
- Live entertainment: Wed–Sat evening pianist (Wed/Thu: 6–9pm; Fri/Sat: 6pm–1am)
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 1984
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £17.70 per bottle