- Telephone 0141 331 1655
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–2.15pm, 5–10.30pm; Fri noon–2.15pm, 5–11pm; Sat noon–11.30pm; Sun 5–10pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Tue 5–10.30pm, Wed–Fri 5–7pm, Sat 4–6.30pm.
- Pre-theatre price Half-price mains
- Website www.amberregent.com
Cantonese cuisine and tasteful décor in a family-run restaurant going back to 1988.
Amber Regent is a stalwart of the traditional approach to dining. Launched in 1988, the family-run restaurant underwent a revamp in 2017. While the new attire is unquestionably contemporary, it still emanates an air of timeless and sober elegance, thanks to subdued lights and subtle artistic décor. There are multitudinous skilfully delivered Chinese snacks in the starters section, from crunchy spring rolls, diverse satays, and bouncy dim sums. In terms of flavours, there is a constant tug of war between savoury and sweet. The salty seaweed plate with dried seafood pairs wondrously with softer flavours, like a dim sum, or a bao. The generously sized barbecued duck with plum sauce is characterised chiefly by a sugary note. The mains section features well-known Cantonese dishes grouped into sections such as duck, beef and pork, or seafood. A particularly unforgettable example is the Chinese-style sizzling steak – a tender and juicy cut served with a dramatic flourish as the sizzling meat is doused in the sugary sauce at the table. The house special section steps away from the Cantonese classics, offering interesting seafood dishes with spicy XO or black truffle sauce.
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: Up to 45 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Capacity: 95
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 1988
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £18.50 per bottle
URGENT: You must stay at home except for shopping for basic necessities, daily exercise, any medical need and travelling to and from essential work.