This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 334 0686
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–2.30pm, 5.30–10.30pm; Sun 12.30–6pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 5.30–7pm
- Average price £18 (set lunch); £33 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £17.90
- Website www.laparmigiana.co.uk
Classic fine-dining Italian restaurant at Kelvinbridge, with an elegant and stylish interior, high-quality cooking and an extensive wine list.
Frequently featuring in Michelin, Good Food and AA restaurant guides, La Parmigiana has been at the forefront of Italian fine dining for nearly 40 years – still owned and managed by the Giovanazzi family. The small dining space, with little over a dozen tables, provides an intimate atmosphere. White linen tablecloths, sparkling glassware and thick red carpet feels a little dated though still charming nonetheless. The menu is concise and leans towards a French style of cooking with refined touches and intricate sauces. Lobster ravioli is made daily, arriving full of quality seafood packed into wafer thin pasta resting on rich seafood style bisque. The handful of mains are mostly meaty with a single fish and pasta offering. Try the pheasant – a plump breast pan-fried in butter, is rich and soft while sweet confit leg is stuffed inside fresh cannelloni laced with Italian herbs and a hint of parmesan, red wine reduction adding a deep savoury note to the finish. A popular choice for a celebration, or simply a treat to yourself.
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Soft Jazz
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 1978
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £21.50 for white, £21.65 for red per bottle