Cantonese restaurant reflecting old-style charm, with seafood a highlight.
Just along from the bridge at Canonmills, Loon Fung has been serving devoted customers since 1972. The welcome is warm and the full array of Cantonese classics are on offer. Portions are generous, seasoning generally subtle and seafood features prominently. Classic won ton soup is packed with tender noodle parcels in a simple broth, while crescent dumplings filled with tasty chicken and prawn are perfect for dipping in soy sauce or chilli oil. Lightly stir-fried slices of beef in black bean sauce have a pleasing texture and tang, though king prawn with vegetables is a little bland. However, stir-fried egg noodle, stuffed with seafood and meat, hits the spot. Open nightly until late, it’s a relaxing place to unwind after a busy day.
- Delivery: Delivery only available in evenings from 5pm
- Private dining: Up to 40 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 90
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 1972
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £16.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £5 corkage