Mulberry Street Bar Bistro
- Telephone 0141 424 0858
- Opening times Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–11pm.
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri/Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–11pm.
- Food served Mon noon–9pm; Tue–Thu noon–9.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–10pm; Sun 12.30–9pm.
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £14.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.mulberrystbarbistro.com
Now in its tenth year of serving the Southside, Mulberry St Bar/Bistro is still synonymous with quality food, great beer and friendly service.
On a corner often drenched in Southside sun sits Mulberry St, a bar and bistro that has been keeping the area’s end up even before it became fashionable. With an owner that knows the neighbourhood inside and out, Mulberry is a welcome juxtaposition to the often faceless bars of the city centre. With easily more seafood on the menu than Captain Ahab could angrily shake a stick at, this place is a great choice for those who know what they want and how they want it. The menu hasn’t changed much for a while, and why should it when you do it this well? For starters the Cullen skink is a salty and creamy celebration of the sea, while the pan-fried swordfish is meaty but packed with flavour. In the bar they offer craft ales to either set you up or sooth your senses after a busy day.
- High point: Comfort is everything here
- Low point: Could use a refresh on décor
- Notable dish: Fish and chips
- Private dining: 40 in bistro
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Cilled out hoits during the day, indie hits at night.
- Live entertainment: Mon pub quiz; Sat/Su acoustic jazz, Thurs acoustic singer, songwriter.
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2006
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Events at this venue
Gypsy, jazz and swing from young solo performer from Pollokshields.
Thu 15 Jun
Free / 0141 424 0858
- 20:00 – 21:30
Reviews & features
Down under - Glasgow's South Side10 Sep 2009
The West End might shout louder and jangle its designer bracelets more ostentatiously, but for its many residents, the gigantic, sprawling mass of the South Side is the true heart of Glasgow. As many local historians and geographers have observed…