- Telephone 0141 958 0853
- Bar open Mon–Sun noon–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–9pm; Sun 12.30–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 4–7pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £10.95
- Website www.lock27.com
This review is taken from the 2013 edition.
There aren’t many Glasgow pubs where you can enjoy a pint while watching a swan glide past and therein lies the attraction of Lock 27. Situated along the canal, it’s a good spot for stopping off during a walk or cycle and enjoying a well-earned drink. At its best in good weather when sitting outside watching life swim by, but it’s also a local for a sizeable crowd warming stools round the bar amid traditional stylings. The food is better than might be expected with hand-made crispy pizzas and chunky steak pie hitting the spot, and tempura sneaking its way adventurously onto the menu. The freshness of the ingredients elevates familiar offerings and the various meal deals provide options for every budget. Blue Moon beer and Rekorderlig cider on tap are the highlights at the bar to help enjoy the scenery.
- High point: Location, location, location
- Low point: Décor could use a freshening up
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop, R&B, Soul
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 1986
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- House wine: £10 per bottle