- Telephone 0141 334 0594
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri & Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm
- Average price £7.85 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.firebirdglasgow.com
A neighbourhood institution close to Kelvingrove Museum with great pizza and a welcoming vibe for all.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
There is something about Firebird that feels comforting, akin to coming home – from the distinct aroma emanating from their wood-burning pizza oven, bright large fish tank, heat from the open fire and television over the bar to the fact children and dogs are welcomed with open arms, it is a unique place to enjoy a variety of dining experiences. Pick and mix antipasti boards or pasta dishes can be enjoyed while sipping reasonably priced wine, and small plates plus one or two meat and fish offerings round off the menu. Handmade pizzas are popular, well known among the loyal clientele and always a good bet. Made using their 15-year-old starter sourdough, the outcome is crisp, charred and thin as wafer topped with everything from meatballs and spicy nduja sausage to blue cheese pear and walnuts – all available to take away. Good value lunch deals are popular, with crowd-pleasing combinations such as sandwiches with soup or thick hand-cut chips plus half pizzas with salad. A good selection of beers and cocktails ensure bar stools are rarely empty.
- High point: A genuinely welcoming place to relax
- Low point: Bread could be fresher
- Notable dish: Any pizza
- Provides: Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Eclectic Mix
- Live entertainment: Weekend DJ once a month; Tues quiz
- Capacity: 111
- Largest group: 111
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Firebird Pub Quiz
Quizmaster Sir James hosts a weekly pub quiz with pizza.