- Telephone 0141 334 0594
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri & Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 9am–10pm
- Website www.firebirdglasgow.com
A neighbourhood institution close to Kelvingrove Museum with great pizza and a welcoming vibe for all.
With several fashionable eateries having opened in its immediate midst in recent years, and further down the road in Finnieston, veteran neighbourhood bar-bistro Firebird could easily be the forgotten man of the Kelvinhaugh area. It has successfully refreshed its offering in recent years, however, particularly by catering very successfully to families – flocks of whom assemble here on busy days, to avail themselves of its nice spacious layout, inexpensive and accessible but quality Mediterranean inspired cuisine (with plenty of kid’s options), patient and accommodating service, and a handy ground-floor loo with changing facilities. Once a popular haunt among a young pre-clubbing crowd, it’s probably still serving a lot of the same people a few years on – only now for brunch with their kids. Although that’s not to say for a moment that it’s not a place to visit for grown-ups-only boozy dinners, to enjoy specialty house pizzas, nicely charred and crispy round the edges, or rib-sticking mains like fagioli al forno with slow-cooked pork greenbean stew and chargrilled bread. Followed by a three-scoop, straight-up ice-cream dessert. Nobody’s too old for ice-cream.
- Delivery: Deliveroo, UberEats
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown
- Live entertainment: Quiz on Tue
- Capacity: 111
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle