- Telephone 0141 334 0594
- Opening times Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri & Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–1am; Sun noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Fri noon–10pm; Sat/Sun 9am–10pm
- Website www.firebirdglasgow.com
A neighbourhood institution close to Kelvingrove Museum with great pizza and a welcoming vibe for all.
Firebird knew that Finnieston was cool long before the hipsters descended on the area. Set at the Kelvingrove Museum end of the so-called strip, it has been a reliable feature of the area’s dining scene since opening in the late nineties. The food is better than you would expect from an interior that suggests a low-key but reliable neighbourhood bar – wooden tables, booth seating, chalkboard specials. Pizzas are on sourdough bases and baked in a wood-fired oven, which really makes a difference. The toppings are interesting, too, with well-judged combinations such as steak and blue cheese or green chilli and watercress. There are lots of creative dishes to enjoy on the menu – beetroot and feta dip served with flat bread makes for a tangy and refreshing change from hummus. Pastas are another area of expertise with daily specials giving kitchen staff a chance to show off their creativity and play around with flavours. Firebird has earned and kept a solid reputation within an increasingly competitive market place. Perhaps they are trying harder than their unassuming, laid-back image would let on.
- Delivery: Deliveroo, UberEats
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Motown
- Live entertainment: Quiz on Tue
- Capacity: 111
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 8
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle