The Bay Tree Restaurant
- Telephone 0141 334 5898
- Opening times Mon–Sat 9am–10.30pm; Sun 9am–9.30pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–10.30pm; Sun 9am–9.30pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri noon–6pm
- Average price £7.95 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £7.95
- Website www.thebaytreewestend.co.uk
The Bay Tree restaurant has a long-established reputation for providing the West End with vibrant and traditional Arabian food. The authentic decoration of the café, from the dark wood to the glass jars of tea behind the counter, contributes to a strong sense of place, which all heightens the dining experience. The broad menu encompasses everything from Scottish breakfasts to seafood, stews and samosas. The vegetarian and meat mezze plates are a great way to sample a variety of dishes, with the latter including tastes of falafel, tender barbecue chicken and fatosh. The aromatic aubergine bake served with minty yoghurt and a generous heap of couscous makes for both a comforting main and a delicious vegetarian option.
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Halal options, Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: pop
- Capacity: 40 910)
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 1960
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- BYOB: No charge corkage (One bottle/four bottles of beer limit per couple, no spirits)