This restaurant has ceased trading.
Café Cherubini is a sort of hybrid of trattoria and café – it offers all the standard café items such as fry-ups and filled rolls, soup and baked potatoes, along with a range of straightforward Italian influenced dishes such as focaccia, antipasti, salads and pastas which carry the menu into the evening. Something about the combination of slightly kitschy décor, huge windows and under-awning outdoor seating make you feel like you might have been transported to somewhere a bit more continental. The café has chalked up 15 years in the West End which makes it something of an institution; its sunny aspect and view onto the busy Great Western Road continue to make it a popular stop off for a coffee and a bit of people watching.
- High point: Great for watching the world go by
- Low point: The quirky interior is feeling a bit tired
- Private dining: 20 (mezzanine)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classic rock n pop
- Live entertainment: Open mic on Thu night; occasional live bands
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 50
- Open since: 1998
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle