The Apartment Bistro
- Telephone 0131 228 6456
- Seasonal times Open until 10.30pm during Edinburgh Festival period
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £12 (set lunch); £15 (set evening meal)
- Website www.apartmentrestaurant.com
Dependable bistro with a solid range of set menu and lunching options and an interesting wine list.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Fair play to the Apartment – other restaurants have come and gone, but it’s been quietly holding its own in Bruntsfield since 1999, which is no mean feat. And it’s not hard to see why the formula works: an interesting, well-priced wine list with plenty of 500ml carafes on offer, solid lunch and set menu deals running through until evening and classic good looks – robustly pale chairs, polished copper fixtures, blood-red walls and spotlit tables – all add up to a reliable choice for midweek dinners or weekend lunches. The food menu, for its part, foregrounds a range of skewers including a lovely veggie sweet potato and citrus halloumi option. Oven-warmed bread and soft, salty olives on a dark wood block make for a strong opener, while bistro classics like flat iron steak and rump of lamb tempt. [not recently visited]
- Private dining: Up to 22 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £15.90 per bottle
There are 2 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
Australian Wine Dinner: Battle of the Winemakers
Pawn Wines, Bremerton Estate and Great Grog have combined forces to bring an eight wine, four course gastronomic battle to Edinburgh's Apartment Bistro.
Tapas & Wine Night with Great Grog
Tapas and matched wines with informal talks. Booking is essential.