The Apartment Bistro
- Telephone 0131 228 6456
- Seasonal times Open until 10.30pm during festival period
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £15 (set lunch); £22 (evening meal)
- Website www.apartmentrestaurant.com
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
Insightful, minimalist décor choices made at the turn of the millennium allow The Apartment to remain contemporary, with a look inside and out that could sit comfortably on a Paris street. The regularly changing menus comprise à la carte, specials and reasonably priced set meals. Tastes of the Med are recurrent, with offerings of tasty plump olives and artisan bread with herb-infused oil as pre-starters. Opt for their signature fish, meat or veggie skewers with coleslaw-stuffed pitta, or slabs of first-rate steak served with decidedly Gallic-looking shoestring fries and salad. Winning combinations are often at play, like in a wild mushroom, chestnut and goat’s cheese risotto. Pleasant staff and relaxed surroundings are slightly let down by some uninspiring pudding options, but a thoughtfully compiled drinks list caters for all and includes wines by the glass in various sizes and a large selection of interesting non-alcoholic beverages. Once a place to be seen, The Apartment has become a dependable neighbourhood eatery welcoming all ages, which should enable it to stand the test of time.
- High point: Good-value set menus
- Low point: Could do better on desserts
- Notable dish: Flat Iron steak
- Private dining: Up to 22 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 120
- Largest group: 22
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 15
- House wine: £15.90 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 21 reviews of The Apartment Bistro./5 from RSS feed of these comments