The Apartment Bistro
- Telephone 0131 228 6456
- Seasonal times Festival: open until 10.30pm
- Food served Mon– Wed 5–10pm; Thu–Sun noon-10pm
- Pre-theatre times 5–6:45pm
- Pre-theatre price £12 (2 course); £15 (3 course)
- Website www.apartmentrestaurant.com
Dependable bistro with a solid range of set menu and lunch options and an interesting wine list.
Impressively ticking along quite nicely since 1999, diners know what to expect from this casual neighbourhood bistro which has a faithful following amongst King’s Theatre-goers looking for an affordable pre-show meal. A blood-red wall adds a little abstract style to the sultry slate décor and minimalist airy space and each table glows with a flickering candle. Chunky skewers, like subtly marinated tamarind and lime chicken, make for a low-calorie main or meaty shared starter. A handful of more adventurous specials feature celeriac fritters with curd cheese and pickled rainbow carrots, followed by grilled sea bass fillets on pillowy sweet potato mash with flavours of the Mediterranean. Enjoyable as they are, they do cry out for a grind of salt, not included in the table set-up. The Apartment’s trusty set menu continues to please customers, offering a solid deal for pre-theatre and beyond, and the drinks menu is well-constructed with ample spirits and classic grape varieties to sip on after a refreshing aperitif cocktail.
- Private dining: 22 (downstairs)
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: mellow background music
- Capacity: 110
- Largest group: 40 (upstairs)
- Open since: 1999
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £16.40 per bottle
Events at this venue
An Introduction to Intuitive Eating With Tali's Yoga and The Chachi Power Project
An introduction to the tenets of intuitive eating whilst enjoying a communal dinner.
Wed 18 Jul
£26.79 / 0131 228 6456