This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 572 1448
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun noon–midnight
- Bar open Mon–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Wed 11am–3pm; Thu–Sun 11am–6pm.
- Average price £6.25 (set lunch); £10 (evening meal)
- Website www.navantaverns.com/bar10/
A funky little bar tucked away just off Buchanan Street, there’s more to Bar Ten than the beer. The building is listed, with an interior designed by artist Ben Kelly, and, being across the lane from the Lighthouse, it’s clear that Bar Ten takes its art very seriously. Hosting regular exhibitions by local artists, the monthly launch parties are a big event in the bar’s calendar. There are some great local beers on tap, while the cocktails, a few classics and a couple invented by the bar staff themselves, are boozy enough to raise an eyebrow – and a grin. Food runs to burgers, sandwiches and chilli nachos, homemade and simply done, with a select few plates available all night as ‘late bites’, handy when the weekend can see DJs on until midnight. A great little hang-out for those in the know.
- High point: Bar staff know how to mix a cocktail
- Low point: Some saggy old seating
- Notable dish: Homemade beef chilli nachos
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: The Who
- Live entertainment: DJs Fri/Sat; open mic Sun.
- Capacity: 50
- Largest group: 110
- Open since: 1991
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- House wine: £10 per bottle