- Telephone 0131 220 5603
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Seasonal times Festival and Christmas extension – bar open until 3am
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 8am–9.45pm.
- Average price £10 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Website www.indigoyardedinburgh.co.uk
Long-time West End favourite for lunch and early dinner or drinks in stylish surroundings.
This review is taken from the current (2016) edition.
Indigo Yard has survived, and thrived, for 20 years, despite being hidden down a side alley in the West End. This is largely thanks to the attention it pays to its customers and their desires. Never ones to miss a trend, they are into craft beer in a big way, with 27 lines, including four rotating brews, to choose from. The artisan feeling is also reflected in the décor – distressed wood and leather dominate the interesting double-height, split-level space. The atmosphere is welcoming and the menu offers classic dishes done well, from fish and chips or steak pie and mash to haddock risotto with a nicely poached egg. The starters are on the small side, but great lunch and dinner deals and a generous sharing trio of banoffee pie, chocolate bread and butter pudding, and black forest cheesecake make up for it.
- High point: The cocktail menu includes a handy glass guide
- Low point: West End prices on the wine list
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: upstairs area 36 for dinner and 80 for drinks
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Easy listening / background
- Live entertainment: Live music most Fridays
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 1996
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 23
- House wine: £18 per bottle