- Telephone 0131 220 5603
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–1am; Sun 12.30pm–1am
- Seasonal times Bar open till 3am during festival and Christmas.
- Bar open Mon–Sun 11am–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 8am–9.45pm.
- Average price £10 (set lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.indigoyardedinburgh.co.uk
Long-time West End favourite for lunch and early dinner or drinks in stylish surroundings.
Indigo Yard has been catering to the people of Edinburgh from the comfort of its sequestered alleyway in the heart of the West End for almost 21 years. It's retained a steady following, thanks in part to its ability to stay ahead of the curve with ever-rotating offerings and an understated yet trendy set-up. The menu boasts handy daily deals including two courses for £10, from which diners can choose an assortment of dishes ranging from grilled halloumi to pan fried coley. Seafood is a definite highlight of the menu, with mussels, seabass and crabcakes making up just a few of the options. There is also a variety of interesting local and international beers on tap as well as regularly changing guest beers, which the knowledgeable staff are happy to discuss and recommend.
- High point: Excellent craft beers on tap
- Low point: Pricey cocktail menu
- Notable dish: Battered haddock, hand cut chips, mushy peas & tartar sauce
- Delivery: Deliveroo
- Private dining: upstairs area 36 for dinner and 80 for drinks
- Provides: Gluten-free options, Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Chilled acoustic tracks during the day, up-tempo music after 9pm
- Live entertainment: Live music most Fridays
- Capacity: 130
- Largest group: 100
- Open since: 1996
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 25
- House wine: £19 per bottle