The Halt Bar
This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 353 6450
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Website www.thehaltbar.co.uk
This review is taken from the current (2014) edition.
What seemed like a slow downward spiral at this long-standing Woodlands bar has been reversed after new owners took over in spring 2013. Sympathetic to the bar’s heritage as a traditional local and its reputation for comedy and music in the adjoining venue Halt Two, the appealing old-school look hasn't been altered much – a tidy up of the lovely horseshoe bar, a lick of paint and a good scrub. Entertainments range from weekday blues and comedy nights to DJs, open mic nights and a weekend jazz afternoon. A selection of local and international beers are served by staff who pride themselves on knowing their booze. From cask ales and unusual ciders on tap to interesting global craft beers from Scotland, the US and elsewhere, there is also a focus on whisky with around two dozen carefully chosen malts. No kitchen means just pies keep punters fed. A welcome return to form of a Glasgow classic, back to its best thanks to some much needed TLC.
- High point: The marvellous Old Rosie on tap
- Low point: Pies the only non-liquid sustenance
- Notable dish: Old Rosie cider
A well-established, traditional bar serving a constantly evolving range of tasty cask ales, craft beers and malts.
Generations of pub-goers have enjoyed visiting The Halt and with many original features still in place, including an impressive horseshoe bar and dark wood throughout, you can really feel the history in this lovely traditional bar.
Regular live comedy, open mic and live jazz events take place at the Halt.
Text supplied by third party.
- Provides: Free wi-fi
- Live entertainment: Comedy Tuesday, djs wed, thu, fri and sat, jazz band sunday
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 3
- House wine: £10 per bottle