Five things: The best Easter eggs in Scotland
- Barbara Adams
- 24 March 2011
Some particularly special chocolate eggs for the discerning chocolate fan
- Dark chocolate and raspberry, made by Coco of Bruntsfield
One of a wide range of decadent eggs, this one is also filled with your choice of champagne truffles.
- Truffle, made by The Chocolate Tree
As well as this swirly patterned design filled with hand-made truffle chocolates, The Chocolate Tree also design a range exclusively for kids, such as the shell-design bunny in milk, dark or white.
- Hazelnut and almond, made by The Harvest Garden
The impressively-named Neuhaus Gianduja Egg consists of chocolate combined with ground hazelnuts and almonds, then filled with your choice of fresh cream Belgian chocolates.
- Rose, made by Temper Chocolates (also featured in our Hot Chocolates guide)
The new chocolaterie in Glasgow also offers items with raspberry, cocoa nib and lavender ingredients. Eggs come filled with a choice of fresh cream truffles or little solid chocolates.
- Belgian chocolate, made by Cocoa Black (also featured in our Hot Chocolates guide)
Lovelingly crafted and finished to resemble marble, this is a bit of luxury from the Peebles-based indie chocolatiers.