Taste of Edinburgh 2009 lineup announced
Taste of Edinburgh, Scotland's most renowned food and drink festival, which runs from 29th-31st May 2009 has announced some details of the programme to coincide with as tickets going on sale.
Following the success of last year's Taste of Edinburgh Festival in the Meadows, the event is set to return to a brand new home in the capital's Inverleith Park
The 14 city restaurants that will be offering a taste of their outstanding Scottish fare include:
● Dakota Forth Bridge and DR Collins
● Forth Floor at Harvey Nichols
● Hotel du Vin (new for 2009)
● Malmaison number one at The Balmoral
● Plumed Horse
● Ricks (new for 2009)
● The Bonham
● The Rutland (new for 2009)
● ● The Tower
The country's top culinary talent will headline, and join forces with the finest restaurants and food and drink producers.
Tickets are available online at www.tastefestivals.com/edinburgh.
Also new for 2009 is a change to the timetable of events. The festival will now offer two sessions on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Highlights from the programme include:
● ScottishPower Taste Theatre; with live demonstrations from Michelin starred masters of the kitchen and some familiar local chef talent.
● Taste Kitchen sponsored by Waitrose; top gastronomists demonstrate how to prepare original, exciting dishes using top quality Scottish ingredients.
● French Flair Theatre sponsored by Peugeot; combining classic French style and flair, visitors you can join chefs in live cooking demonstrations showcasing the techniques and sophistication French Cuisine can offer.
● Scotland's Farmers Market; bringing together a range of Scotland's acclaimed producers, all offering homemade, home-grown or home reared food and drink.
Partnered with VisitScotland, Scottish Enterprise and The City of Edinburgh Council, Taste of Edinburgh 2009 will provide a culinary experience that will give 25,000 foodies the opportunity to sample 'taster dishes' from 14 of Edinburgh's top restaurants, as the chefs work for three days in their on-site demonstration kitchens.
Tickets go on sale today (Monday 16th March) and are priced from £12 for standard entry, or a special VIP ticket can be purchased for £40. Tickets can be booked by calling 0871 230 5581 or via the website at www.tastefestivals.com/edinburgh.