- Telephone 0141 204 5555
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight; Fri/Sat noon–2am.
- Food served Mon–Sun 11am–11pm.
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.connich.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Tucked off the lobby of the Glasgow Hilton hotel, Connich Bar with its dark wood walls and red leather chairs is immediately cosy and welcoming. There is an embarrassment of riches on the drinks menu, a particular highlight being the Smoky Old-Fashioned made with whisky, brown sugar, dark chocolate bitters and orange zest. There are also a number of hotel specials such as the Hilton Glasgow Fling, a mixture of Drambuie with apple and orange juice, elderflower cordial and orange bitters. There is even a ‘Calorie Conscious’ cocktail section for those watching their waistlines. Food includes burgers, salads, pizzas, sandwiches, nachos, salt and pepper squid and marinated anchovies. Afternoon tea is available between noon and 5pm, so try the Mad Hatter’s Tea Party priced £17 which includes cupcakes, strawberries dipped in chocolate and finger sandwiches.
- High point: Fantastic selection of whisky
- Low point: An espresso will set you back £3.20