- Telephone 0141 332 0041
- Opening times Mon–Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Bar open Sun–Thu noon–midnight, Fri/Sat noon–1am.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Thu 5pm–7pm
- Average price £10.95 (set lunch); £23 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15
- Website www.chaophraya.co.uk
Jump to comments (19)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Chaophraya sits proudly on the corner of Nelson Mandela Place, holding the title of Europe’s largest Thai restaurant. Climbing the small stairway outside, opulence and grandeur awaits in this A-listed building. Enjoy a cocktail on the first floor before ascending the plush staircase and into the palatial surroundings of the restaurant with high ceilings, ornate furnishings and comfy seating. Scallops and black pudding are a good east meets west starter, while tempura king prawns are massive and meaty with the lightest of batter served with a punchy sweet chilli sauce. Mains include a wide variety of poultry, seafood and meat offerings, the massaman lamb is particularly good – tender nuggets of sweet lamb bound in a nutty sauce full of coconut, cinnamon, chillies and turmeric, diced potatoes and extra cashew nuts give texture and crunch. If you feel like splashing out, a private table for two sits on its own balcony, overlooking the entire dining room, a minimum spend of £200 is needed to secure this exclusive space.
- High point: Interesting, well-executed dishes served in opulent surroundings
- Low point: Service can be unattentive at times
Located in the heart of Glasgow in the iconic Townhouse building, Chaophraya is the new and exciting venue to hit Glasgow.
The venue is set over four floors featuring Palm Sugar bar and lounge, a la carte restaurant, Buddha balcony, VIP champagne and whisky bar and four exclusive private dining areas catering for all occasions.
Each private dining area has its own unique style, the largest being the Thai Royal ballroom seating up to 30 people.
Text supplied by third party.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Private dining: 12/16/18/30
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Atmospheric pop
- Capacity: 140
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2012
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 15 reviews of Chaophraya./5 from RSS feed of these comments