- Telephone 0131 555 7070
- Opening times Mon–Fri 7.45am–6.30pm, Sat/Sun 9am–6pm.
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–6pm; Sat/Sun 9am–6pm
- Average price £6 (lunch)
- Website www.twitter.com/PwCoffee
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The emphasis is on simplicity and quality at Printworks Coffee, and as the name suggests they are particularly fond of their coffee: they're the only stockists of the Monmouth brand in Edinburgh, and it's a definite attraction at what is a small but laidback haunt for locals and coffee bar sophisticates. The range isn't wide but the local sourcing is impeccable, including Union of Genius soups, tea by Pekoe Tea and baked goods from Dough Re Mi, as well as gluten-free cakes from Love Pure Cakes and gourmet hot chocolate from Coco. A range of wraps and panini melts including piri-piri chicken and jalapeno, spicy meatball or goat’s cheese offers more of a snacking experience than full meal service, with good-quality breakfast baps also on the menu.
- High point: Great coffee and relaxed surroundings
- Low point: The food menu is well sourced but simple
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Capacity: 26
- Largest group: 12
- Open since: 2012