Springers Coffee Lounge
- Telephone 07541 442556
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–4pm. Closed Sun. Open last Sat eve of every month.
- Average price £4.75 (set lunch); £30 (set evening meal)
- Website www.forfarcafe.com
Jump to comments
Springers is quite an unexpected find in the centre of Forfar. Damien Bailey and his partner Nigel have worked hard to create a pleasant deli-bistro in what are fairly cramped conditions. The pair clearly have an interest in good food and are proud of their selection of carefully sourced French and Scottish cheeses, but possibly let the side down slightly by using supermarket bread. Damien has also followed his passion for home-made chocolates with his delicious signature creation of raspberry and wasabi, and the equally delightful geranium and tangerine – a rather lovely way to finish off the meal. Although mainly a lunch and coffee venue, once a month Springers branches out into an adventurous six-course evening menu consisting of delightful-sounding dishes such as roast pork on a bed of bubble and squeak, home-made herby Yorkshire pudding and a red wine jus and a desert trio of panna cotta, raspberry tiramisù and Madagascan vanilla ice-cream. But if you're just interested in a decent cup of coffee and a friendly atmosphere then Springers can provide that too.
- Delivery: Free within local area
- Private dining: Up to 14 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Classic FM
- Capacity: 21
- Largest group: 14
- Open since: 2007
- BYOB: £0 corkage