The Milton Inn
- Telephone 01382 532620
- Bar open Tue, Wed & Thu noon–2.30pm, 5–11pm; Fri/ Sat noon–midnight; Sun noon–11pm.
- Food served Tue–Fri noon–2pm, 5–9pm; Sat noon–9pm; Sun noon–8pm.
- Average price £14 (lunch); £14 (evening meal)
- Website www.themiltoninn.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
In a leafy residential part of Monifieth, The Milton Inn is a spacious contemporary pub with warm red walls and open log fires on cooler days and a wonderful tiered terrace and big beer garden for when the sun shines. Owned by the same couple who ran The Taychreggan in Broughty Ferry, the service from the young staff is excellent, both friendly and efficient, reflecting what seems to be a happy team. The menu is varied, covering the usual pub favourites from fish and chips to roasts, as well as the likes of goats’ cheese and tomato salad and chargrilled oriental duck, in addition to daily specials. The dishes are made inhouse and include plenty of locally sourced ingredients. The bar stocks a range of Scottish real ales, periodically including Angus Ales and ales from the new Mòr brewery at Kellas, a full complement of Angus whiskies and a good wine list. The inn also has a small private dining room for up to 10 and four overnight rooms.
- High point: Warm welcome
- Low point: Beer garden needs a bit of tidying up
- Private dining: Up to 10 covers
- No. overnight rooms: 4
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Open since: 2010 under current ownership