- Telephone 0131 661 7199
- Opening times Mon–Sun 4.30–11.30pm
- Food served Mon–Sun 4.30pm–11.30pm.
- Average price £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.cardamomindiantakeaway.co.uk
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
The parallel lines of Easter Road and Leith Walk are arguably the best in Edinburgh for takeaway food. One of the latest entries to this ultra-competitive market, Cardamom, is already building a strong local following. A converted shop front, the bright, warmly coloured interior is softened by draped muslin and a comfy couch to relax in while you wait. The considerable list of 'Cardamom Specialities' showcase the owner's North Indian roots, but cater to almost every taste. Haryali massala is ideal for the korma-lover craving something more fragrant while a hop over the border into Nepal gives inspiration for the spicy and delicious Kathmandu chicken.
Typical order: Karahi Lamb - £6.35
- Delivery: Free on orders over £10, 10% discount for online ordering
- Provides: Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Local radio
- Capacity: 0
- Largest group: 0
- Open since: 2011
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Cardamom./5 from RSS feed of these comments