The Tattie Shop
- Telephone 0131 228 5282
- Opening times Mon–Sat 11am–9pm; Sun 4–9pm
- Food served Mon–Sat 11am–9pm; Closed Sun.
- Average price £5 (lunch); £5 (evening meal)
- Website www.thetattieshop.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
It may not be hard to bake a potato, but sometimes you are just too tired or too hungry to wait the hour or so it takes to do properly in the oven. This is where Tattie Shop comes into its own. Properly oven-baked, the potatoes have crisp skins and creamy insides filled with generous helpings of classics like cheese and chilli alongside a few less common options such as stew and dumplings or haggis and neeps. There is also a soup, a few filled rolls and tray bakes, but as the name suggests, potatoes are the main feature here.
- High point: Healthy alternative to other takeaways
- Low point: Basic interior makes takeaway the best option
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: Mix of indie and world music, both classic and current
- Capacity: 10
- Largest group: 10
- Open since: 2008
- BYOB: no charge corkage