- Telephone 07956355054
- Opening times Mon–Fri 8am–8pm; Sat 10am–10pm; Sun 10am–10pm
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–7pm; Sat 9am–7pm; Sun 10am–7pm
- Average price £7 (lunch)
- Website www.artisanroast.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
A recent minor decorative facelift has left what was once a pop-up store for these Edinburgh-based coffee roasters feeling a bit more permanent. It is still fairly low key, with small tables in the cosy, wood-lined front and more spacious banquette seating in the brighter back room. But when you’re making some of the best coffee in town you don’t need to worry about swanky decor. As well as being larger than the Broughton Street original there are also more food options here, with soup, sandwiches and a selection of cakes all made from scratch by the multi-talented baristas.
- High point: The best coffee in town?
- Low point: Bigger than Broughton Street but still not a huge amount of space
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables, Live music
- Music on stereo: Staff choice
- Capacity: 24
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: 2011