- Telephone 0141 647 2979
- Food served Sat–Wed 9am–4.30pm; Thu–Fri 9am–8pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £4.95 (set lunch); £6.50 (evening meal)
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Michael and Jane who co-own this licensed café prioritise the nurturing of their customers, and the local community has a unique resource here where all feel welcomed, whether snatching a quick coffee or lingering over wines and craft beers consumed along with reasonably priced sweet or savoury dishes. Food is freshly prepared or locally sourced and includes Findlater’s pies and pâtés as well as Michael’s own lasagne, soups and macaroni cheese. Salads are crunchy and varied with a unique range of balsamic dressings by Little Doone, a Dalry-based company. Dressings, jams and chutneys are also on sale as well as gifts and cards and everything on the menu is available to take away. This place is a true oasis and well worth a visit for the sense of wellbeing it promotes.
- High point: Generous avocado starter with oatcakes, chutney and salad
- Low point: Pale and doughy baguette
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- Delivery: No charge in local area
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access
- Music on stereo: (Mostly) local unsigned bands (royalties-free music)
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2008
- House wine: £6.95/£9.95 per bottle