- Telephone 0141 237 9457
- Food served Mon– 8.30–4;Tue–Fri 8.15am–4pm; Sat 9am–4pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £3.50 (set lunch)
- Website www.brownsugardeli.com
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The bright green pistachio-studded loaf with its crunchy lemon glaze is moist and delicious reflecting the unique baking skills of Lauren, one of the two sisters owning and managing this delightful Battlefield café, which knows its strengths and plays to them. Breakfasts are simple and well priced including delicious croissants, bacon ciabatta and impeccable coffee. Lunch is a freshly prepared soup and an overflowing sandwich or select a tantalizingly moreish gourmet sandwich such as Brown Sugar Pickled – emmental, gherkins, Dijon mustard and salad leaves between two slices of brown malty bloomer from the Kirkintilloch-based Bavarian Bakehouse. Lois the other half of the sisterly duo has negotiated an outside dining licence, ideal for the sunny cul-de-sac setting and will provide much needed additional seating. If there was a café like this round every corner, how much happier we would all be.
- High point: Community-friendly and knowledgeable owners
- Low point: Closed on Sunday
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: ipod contemporary popular music compliations
- Capacity: 9
- Largest group: 4
- Open since: 2011
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Brown Sugar./5 from RSS feed of these comments