- Telephone 0141 445 0200
- Food served Mon–Fri 8am–3pm; Closed Sat/Sun.
- Average price £4.30 (set lunch)
- Website www.luvcafe.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
You’re not just buying a sandwich at the LUV Café, you’re investing in the community. Part of a project to regenerate post-shipbuilding area Linthouse, this not-for-profit venture aims to provide affordable food, local jobs and social activities such as their open mic nights. Just as much thought has gone into the welcoming interior which features wooden furniture, red walls and exposed stonework. The menu covers a good-value range including cooked breakfasts, soups and baking; sandwiches and salads focus on a modest list of quality ingredients such as balsamic roast vegetables and marinated Italian chicken while interest is added by the ‘tascas’ (cheesy Italian bread) and condiments such as red onion marmalade or tomato chutney. Rewarding in more ways than one, so go on – spread the LUV.
- High point: Feel-good project worth eating at
- Low point: Limited opening
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Radio - pop
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 30 or 45 (buffet)
- Open since: 2004