Vroni's Wine & Champagne Bar
- Telephone 0141 221 4677
- Bar open Mon–Sat 10am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Thu noon–6.30pm; Fri/Sat noon–4pm; Sun noon–6pm.
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch)
- Website www.vronis.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
A popular refined choice for professionals and thirty-somethings for decades, Vronis is a step out of the city noise and into plush surroundings. Prosecco fizzes in glasses above the murmur of conversation from tables and relaxed booths. A minimal food menu offers salads, platters and burgers with some small plates to allow for a little grazing. The headline act though is undoubtedly the wine and with nineteen to choose from there’s no shortage of choice or quality. From excellent whites such as the Marlborough to the oaky Rioja the range extends to champagnes by the glass and vintage bottles for those wishing to splash out. Soft lighting and vintage décor create a classy atmosphere suited to special occasions or romantic liaisons and it feels a little like a vintage European bar. Lauren Bacall might not pass and ask you to whistle but it wouldn’t be out of place if she did.
- High point: Classy wines in a setting that matches
- Low point: Food menu could use freshening up
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 19
- Private dining: Up to 35 covers
- Provides: Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 1995
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle