- Opening times Mon–Fri 10am–6pm, Sat 1–7pm, closed Sun.
- Food served Mon–Sat 10am–7pm. Closed Sun.
- Average price £8 (lunch)
- Website tupiniquim.co.uk
Jump to comments (2)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Swapping Sao Paulo for Middle Meadow Walk, husband and wife team Fernando and Gardenia bring bucket loads of Brazilian sunshine to their Tupiniquim police box. Every inch of space is put to good use with a vegetable plot nearby and herbs growing on the roof, underlying a commitment that stretches from fresh ingredients to responsible packaging. Sweet and savoury gluten-free crepes are the main event, all generously filled, well composed and packed full of flavour. Gently spiced chicken piri piri comes flecked with pecans, avocado and optional hot sauce alongside apples, pears and caramel combining in a decadently delicious dessert pancake. Saturday brings the earthy, rich black bean feijoada, laden with smoked pork rib and bacon and well supported by cassava and wilted greens. Keep an eye out for the equally splendid coconut-infused fish stew appearing on summertime Sundays and the occasional transformation into cinebox with early-evening soup and short films. Rest assured, if Dr Who was serving food this tasty from his police box, he’d have been far too busy to rid the world of Daleks.
- High point: Bags of passion and delicious fare from sunny-disposition owners
- Low point: Good things come to those who wait
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Outdoor tables, Live music
- Music on stereo: upbeat sounds, lots of jazz
- Capacity: 11 (all outside)
Comments & ratings
Average rating 2 reviews of Tupiniquim./5 from RSS feed of these comments