- Telephone 0131 558 9156
- Food served Mon–Thu 9am–10pm; Fri/Sat 9am–11pm; Sun 9am–4pm.
- Pre-theatre times Sun–Thu 5pm–7pm.
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £20 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £11.95
- Website www.astiedinburgh.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Owned by the same people who run the neighbouring Rapido, Asti is a refined, relaxed eatery in comparison to its neighbour, specialising in decent Italian dishes rather than fast food. Painted a pleasing shade of mocha, this café-cum-restaurant takes its name from the Piedmontese province famed for its sparkling wine and white truffles, and offers something for everyone throughout the day. That could be bruschetta with goats' cheese or eggs benedict for breakfast, salads, paninis and pasta for lunch, coffee and cake or an evening glass of wine with crostini. To satisfy more sizeable appetites, a proper sit-down dinner is available too – generally in the larger back room – where you can tackle attractive plates of antipasti, primi and secondi at your leisure.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Pre-theatre menu, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mixed Italian songs
- Open since: 2011
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle