- Telephone 0141 204 0060
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight; Sun 12.30pm–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–10pm.
- Average price £5 (set lunch); £11 (evening meal)
- Website www.vespbar.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
When a yard of ale becomes a metre of pizza, times are changing. This stylishly different two-floor bar offers just such a dining dimension, among a nicely varied menu. Antipasti boards and colourful salads provide alternatives for lighter palates, but pizzas are the attraction, with both adventurous and traditional toppings on deliciously thin bases offering a perfect blend of crisp and crunch – crumbled Stornoway black pudding and chorizo is a carnivorous treat. Quirky candleholders, vintage ice-cream parlour tables and chairs, mood lighting here and a touch of Mod fashion there create an atmosphere that’s just the right side of kitsch. As DJs provide a cool soundtrack of Northern Soul, menus lining the wall on 7in singles showcase the well-stocked bar. With light and fruity prosecco on tap or in a range of cocktails to keep the bubbles coming, there’s an infectiously warm buzz that will suit groups and couples alike.
- High point: Outstanding pizzas and refreshing prosecco take centre-stage
- Low point: No table service means heading downstairs to order a drink during your meal
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 10
- Private dining: Up to 70 covers
- Provides: Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Mainstream rock and pop; DJs play Northern Soul at weekend
- Capacity: 96
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 2011
- House wine: £12.95 (£7 midweek wine deal) per bottle
There is 1 event at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
New Material Night
Julia Sutherland hosts a night for comedians to try out their latest gags and see which ones go down well and which ones don't.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Vespbar./5 from RSS feed of these comments