- Telephone 0141 334 9697
- Food served Mon–Fri 9am–3pm. Closed Sat/Sun.
- Average price £7 (lunch)
- Typical order Ham Old Skool £3.25 (bloomer), £3.75 (baguette/ciabatta)
- Website www.laucknerandmoore.com
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
A bitesize Kelvinbridge version of the excellent and ever-popular Piece café, this sandwich bar serves up most of the selection of fine gourmet pieces available on the other side of the park. The You Win, stuffed with moreish chilli-marinated mozzarella and sweet roasted vegetables is a champion choice. A salmon and cream cheese piece is tasty, though a bit more bite would be welcome. Hot chocolate and coffees are also on the menu but this café is really all about the sandwiches, and the single table means a takeaway is your only guaranteed option. However, with innovative sandwiches that taste this good it’s certainly worth trying to sit and savour.
- High point: Delicious ingredients, thoughtful combinations
- Low point: Absence of the Smackdown mackerel piece
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- Delivery: ask for details
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Mix
- Capacity: 4
- Open since: 2011