- Telephone 0131 629 0447
- Opening times Mon–Sat noon–2.30pm; 5.30–10.30pm; Sun 5.30–10.30pm
- Food served Sat/Sun, Tue/Wed 5.30–10.30pm; Thu/Fri noon–2.30pm and 5.30–10.30pm. Closed Mon.
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £15.50 (evening meal)
- Website www.bluerapathai.co.uk
Jump to comments (3)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Small, sparse and brightly lit, Bluerapa has been plying its trade in the unprepossessing Haymarket byway of Torphichen Place for just under two years. Punters in search of fine dining might consider venturing furthering into town – the food here is more canteen than cuisine and the décor a touch on the sterile side – but with a cohort of loyal regulars, this family-run business has carved out a niche of its own. With sit-in mains from £9.95 per person, rice included in the price and reasonable corkage for BYOB, it’s hard to baulk at the rates, but the quality of ingredients doesn’t always compare to similarly priced establishments. Chicken tastes cheap and spongy; an oversweet red curry stints on the peppers and flavours tend towards the simplistic, constructed perhaps to please the palates of the rugby crowd. Desserts fare better, with generous helpings of coconut ice-cream drenched in syrup and dotted with lychees and several banana-based options. Staff are helpful and patient and there’s a steady trickle of customers availing themselves of the reasonably priced takeaway service.
- High point: Casual atmosphere and cheerful staff
- Low point: The food isn't always up to scratch
- Delivery: £1.50 charge, maximum 5 mile radius
- Provides: Children's portions, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Saxophone covers of popular tracks
- Capacity: 25
- Largest group: 25
- Open since: 2011
- BYOB: £2; beer 50p corkage
Comments & ratings
Average rating 3 reviews of Bluerapa Thai./5 from RSS feed of these comments