Cushion & Cake
- Telephone 0141 339 4114
- Opening times Tue–Sat 11–5pm; Closed Sun & Mon.
- Food served Tue–Sat 10.30am–5pm. Closed Sun/Mon.
- Average price £5.50 (set lunch)
- Website www.cushionandcake.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
If hipster actress Zooey Deschanel ever visits Glasgow, this adorable craftsy café is the perfect place to take her for lunch. She'd go wild for the Etsy-style decorations (with local designs on sale), its pastel-toned teeny sitting area and the vintage china teacups and plates upon which small portions are beautifully arranged. The menu offers combinations of soups and sandwiches, with some tasty fillings like thick mature cheddar with tangy tomato chutney or hummus with roast red peppers, sundried tomatoes and rocket. A plate of smoked fish, cream cheese, apple and oatcakes is just enough for a light lunch, but there should be room for a slice of excellent homemade cake, baked daily, such as a moist lemon sponge drizzled with old-school water icing. There's a great range of loose-leaf teas, each given clear menu descriptions. Regular 'crafternoons' – lessons in making things with snacks included – might even induce Zooey to stay in town.
- High point: Charming atmosphere
- Low point: Understandably limited menu
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 0
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: BBC 6
- Capacity: 14
- Largest group: 18
- Open since: 2011
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Cushion & Cake./5 from RSS feed of these comments