The Monkey Bar
- Telephone 0141 332 3390
- Bar open Sun-Thu noon-midnight; Fri/Sat noon-3am
- Food served Mon-Sat noon-9pm; Sun 12.30-5pm
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sat 4–7pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch)
- Pre-theatre price £8.95
- Website monkeybarglasgow.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
Entered via the basement on Bath Street or through a sneaky lane behind into the secondary bar, the Monkey Bar opens out into a modern, cool space – minimal but with splashes of colour. Cocktails are a big focus here – from their own versions of classics to contemporary concoctions – either served up at nice prices to night-time revellers enjoying the DJs and live acoustic sets or as part of their masterclasses. A menu of familiar bar favourites covers sandwiches and lighter bites for lunchtime workers and shoppers and more substantial mains, such as burgers, pizzas, pies, and curries for evening diners. The already good value food is even cheaper with regular pre-theatre and combo deals.
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 9
- House wine: £11.15 per bottle