The Tasting Rooms
- Telephone 01382 224188
- Bar open Mon–Sat noon–midnight
- Food served Mon–Sat noon–3pm; 5–9.30pm. Closed Sun.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Wed 5–9.30pm; Thu–Sat 5–6.30pm
- Average price £10.95 (set lunch); £24 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £15.95
- Website www.thetastingrooms.com
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the 2011 edition.
The Tasting Rooms reopened in Dundee in December 2010 several years after a fire at its former location. The new venue is a handsome rounded-corner building directly opposite the River Tay, though the adjacent city council tower and Olympia swimming pool prevent a grand view of the river. As Dundee’s only wine bar, the Tasting Rooms offers 39 wines by the glass, conservatively priced from just £3.35 for a 175ml pour. Traditional Scottish dishes are served throughout the day, in the form of snacks on the downstairs couches or upstairs in a more formal dining environment. Facilities are available for private dining functions, parties and training events or corporate seminars.
- Provides: Children's portions, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu