Coffee, Chocolate and Tea
- Telephone 0141 204 3161
- Food served Mon-Wed 8am–4pm, Thu/Fri 8am–5pm, Sat 10am–4pm, Sun Closed
- Average price £6.50 (lunch)
- Website www.coffeechocolateandtea.com
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Tiny but tempting, CC&T offers handmade chocolates, 40 loose leaf teas, six own roasted coffees as well as cake, soup, sandwiches and art – all in a space about the size of your sitting room. An enormous but beautiful red coffee roaster sits in one corner, while bar stools range round the window and brick wall – which doubles up as an exhibition space, giving students from the nearby Art School an opportunity to exhibit. Friendly, knowledgeable staff will talk you through the single estate 100% Arabica coffees and more rarefied tea choices such as flowering teas which blossom as they infuse. Each day brings a small but appealing choice of sandwiches, soup and sweet treats such as blood orange cheesecake or florentines; all made in house. This is speciality tea and coffee without the gimmicks.
- High point: Staff who know their stuff
- Low point: No loo
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables
- Music on stereo: Jazz, country, folk, eclectic
- Capacity: 12
- Open since: 2010