Buzzy's Restaurant and Bar
- Telephone 0141 248 3969
- Bar open Sun–Wed 11am–7pm; Thu 11am–9pm; Fri/Sat 11am–11pm.
- Food served Sun–Wed 10am–7pm; Thu–Fri 10am–9pm; Sat 10am-9.30pm.
- Average price £9.95 (set lunch); £16 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
While diners at this Princes Square restaurant may struggle to find a lunchtime table at weekends when families descend and release their children, there’s no such issue on weeknights when barren tables lead you to wonder if it’s open. Rest assured it is, although with 7pm closing it’s best to arrive early. Buzzy’s retro-diner vibe is easy-going, yet feels in need of reinvigoration, possibly just a refurb. Burgers dominate the menu, with 10 on offer from the familiar to the more curious, such as the peppercorn sauce option. The BBQ Tower comes with perfectly cooked meat (charred on the outside, light pink inside) and crispy onion rings, but all is a bit lost in a dollop of barbecue sauce for which the word ‘overgenerous’ may have been invented. A Mexican selection expands the options – the chicken fajitas look fantastic and loudly sizzle on arrival, yet some flavour seems to be left in the kitchen. As an accessible break from the shopping, however, Buzzy’s remains an enduring option.
- High point: Family favourite
- Low point: Can lack energy midweek
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 5
- Private dining: Up to 60 covers
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu
- Music on stereo: pop
- Capacity: 100
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: 1988
- House wine: £12.95 per bottle