Boudoir Wine Bar
- Telephone 0141 552 4774
- Bar open Mon–Sun 10am–midnight.
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–midnight.
- Website www.boudoirwinebar.com
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
As the name suggests there’s a strong European influence here with wines and antipasti drawn from the owner’s European travels. It serves a fine selection of old world wines, particularly from France and Italy – a great combination with the generous four-cheese platter, which includes a mild Auvergne blue matching the sweeter reds. Velvet drapes and chic lampshades set the mood to soft and sultry, more continental elegance than risqué glamour. The intimate feel is well-suited to dates while the back area adjoins a square making it busily animated at weekends. Wines are the highlight, yet it’s more than just a wine bar. The menu is modest in showcasing the wonderfully different artisan beers from northern Italy – intriguingly crisp and subtle, and unique enough to be worth the visit. The bar’s quirky euro-chic features are thoughtfully soundtracked by music ranging from gypsy-swing to live acoustic performances. A bar-bedroom with va-va voom.
- High point: Wine trip option is perfect for working round the menu
- Low point: More trip options would be an added temptation
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 20
- Private dining: Up to 15 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: jazz/blues
- Capacity: 99
- Largest group: 35
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £15.95 per bottle
There are 3 events at this location
Sorted by title / date & time
The Blue Eyed Duo
Live blues and soul, with Heather and Lewis.
St Mungo's @ Boudoir
West Brewery showcases its beer, with free samples, promos and a whole lotta beer knowledge.
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Boudoir Wine Bar./5 from RSS feed of these comments