- Telephone 0141 237 7902
- Food served Tue–Sat 9am–5pm. Closed Sun/Mon.
- Average price £6.25 (set lunch)
- Website www.albacafe.wordpress.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
The couple who run this small café seem to know most of their customers and like to share a joke or two with them, which makes for a nice neighbourhood feel. The inclusion of halal chicken, vegan food and gluten-free dishes among more typical café fare is down to that interaction after regulars made requests, while many ingredients come from the artisan shops a couple of yards away. As well as doing a busy breakfast trade, they serve soups – several varieties changing daily – filling sandwiches, quiches, baked potatoes, toasties and cake, the latter made on the premises. While the small tables downstairs are a little cramped, upstairs there's a more spacious feel with couches and a fine view of bustling Great Western Road.
- High point: Cheery service
- Low point: Tiny tables
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: easy listening
- Capacity: 30
- Largest group: 8
- Open since: 2011
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Alba./5 from RSS feed of these comments