- Telephone 0131 344 7344
- Opening times Sun– Wed noon–1.15pm, Thu–Sat noon–1.15pm, 7pm–8.30pm
- Food served Mon–Sun noon–1.15pm, Thu–Sat 7–8.30pm.
- Average price £7.25 (set lunch); £15 (evening meal)
- Website www.theclubedinburgh.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Edinburgh College's the Club offers a variety of recreational facilities, open to the general public, which provide students with an opportunity for real-life work experience. EH15 Restaurant & Bar is the hospitality arm of this set-up and occupies a bright and modern top floor space with stunning views towards the city. For lunch service, students prepare dishes under close supervision during the day's classes, while for the three evenings that the restaurant is open selected students work as chefs and waiting staff. It's a great idea that offers something for both students and customers alike and results in some fairly keen pricing. Lunch mains, such as guinea fowl saltimbocca with dauphinoise potatoes, come in at a flat-priced fiver while in the evening a nicely cooked rump of Scottish lamb with lentils and savoy cabbage will set you back £11 (as with all mains). It's a fairly conservative but nonetheless appealing menu. So, if you’re interested in good value eats with great views, then EH15 could fit the bill – and you’ll be supporting a useful cause to boot.
- High point: Good value with epic views
- Low point: It’ll be rather off the beaten track for most
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 6
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Nothing
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 70
- Open since: 2009
- House wine: £11.95 per bottle
- BYOB: £6 corkage
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of EH15./5 from RSS feed of these comments