This restaurant has ceased trading.
- Telephone 0141 649 6096
- Food served Sun–Thurs 11am–10pm; Fri/Sat 11am–11pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Sun 4pm–7pm
- Average price £6.95 (set lunch); £19 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £9.95
- Website belliniristorante.co.uk
Jump to comments (7)
This review is taken from the 2012 edition.
Bellini is a lovely little pocket of Italy in the heart of Shawlands. Almost all the staff are Italian and, beef aside, all produce is from Italy, and with no freezer on the premises, everything is fresh. Thanks to this the restaurant has a faithful clientele in a demanding market, attracted to this cosy wee place, twinkling with fairy lights, reflecting off the wine bottles on the walls. The menu isn't huge but it works (and an early evening option is great value at £9.95 for two courses) – prawns and smoked salmon to start are nicely presented. For mains the pizzas are thin and crispy and there is a good pasta selection. Go for the steak, though, and you won't be disappointed – the Bellini sauce is so creamy you may want to lick the plate clean. Desserts are traditional Italian – the pasteria Napoletana with warm ricotta cheese and candied fruit being light and fragrant. Finish with a shot of limoncello to complete the experience nicely.
- High point: Lovely atmosphere
- Low point: Could do with more desserts on menu
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Private dining: Up to 30 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Italian and International pop
- Capacity: 55
- Largest group: 30
- Open since: October 2010
- House wine: £14.95 per bottle
Comments & ratingsPost a comment
Average rating 3 reviews of Bellini./5 from RSS feed of these comments