St Louis Café Bar
- Telephone 0141 339 1742
- Bar open Mon–Thu 11am–11pm; Fri–Sat 11am–midnight; Sun 12.30–11pm.
- Food served Mon–Sat 9am–9pm; Sun 10am–9pm.
- Pre-theatre times 5–9pm; Mon–Sun
- Average price £5.95 (set lunch); £12 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12 (x2 meals)
- Website www.stlouis-cafebar.co.uk
Jump to comments
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
This quirky Victorian-styled West End venue is decked out with vintage tables and chairs, making a visit feel a bit like going round to friend’s for dinner – when your friend is a skilled chef who can knock out blissful burgers. Staff complete the homely vibe with friendly chatter and big smiles. A soup and sandwich lunch menu shifts to American-themed dinner at 5pm, while locals descend on Sundays when brunch runs until 2pm, with a range of poached egg dishes standing out. Its evening menu is where St Louis excels though. Starters double as sharing plates – homemade hummus has a perfect chunky consistency while fishcakes find perfect harmony with beetroot dressing. A Smokin’ burger stands out, packed with jalapeños and thick grilled cheese and the Southern theme continues with smoky chicken and chorizo gumbo, rich in herbs, served with grilled flatbread. With an increased focus on craft beer reinforcing the café’s commitment to all things artisan, it’s the sort of venue that everyone wishes was on their doorstep.
- High point: Staff that make you feel right at home
- Low point: Toilets feel incomplete
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 12
- Provides: Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Live music, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Pop/Rock/Soul/Jazz
- Capacity: 40
- Largest group: 40
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £13.95 per bottle