- Telephone 0141 237 4471
- Food served Mon–Sun 10am–10.30pm.
- Pre-theatre times Mon–Fri 5–7pm
- Average price £8.95 (set lunch); £17 (evening meal)
- Pre-theatre price £12
- Website www.persiaglasgow.com
Jump to comments (1)
This review is taken from the current (2013) edition.
Persian food is notable for unique and distinctive combinations of spices and several signature ingredients. The subtlety and richness is present in the food here and authentically combined with the likes of saffron, pomegranate and walnuts. The grilled lamb is excellent, though salty for some, and the buttery herby rice makes a well-balanced companion. Although based around the grill there are plenty of less meaty and more adventurous choices on the wide-ranging menu – zesty and light tabbouli salad or a poppy seed naan ideal for mopping up the rich sauce from exotic chicken and walnut stew. Pomegranate glazed chicken is another traditional Persian offering, and for dessert a delicate rosewater and saffron ice-cream is a light and refreshing finish. The glass front is airy in summer but can feel a little exposed in winter and the lighting is more sociable than romantic in mood. Prompt, relaxed and knowledgeable service warms the minimal layout where the quality of the food is the priority.
- High point: Strikingly unusual flavours and ingredients
- Low point: Dimmed lights would help the mood
- Number of wines sold by the glass: 7
- Delivery: £1–£2
- Private dining: Up to 20 covers
- Provides: Vegetarian options (at least ¼ main courses), Children's portions, Children's high chairs, Wheelchair access, Pre-theatre menu, Outdoor tables, Free wi-fi
- Music on stereo: Classical / modern Persian music
- Capacity: 60
- Largest group: 20
- Open since: 2010
- House wine: £14 per bottle
Comments & ratings
Average rating 1 review of Persia./5 from RSS feed of these comments